Medium Voltage AC Adapter
- MV Adapter for AC Insulation Guards and Transducers
- Up to 3600V Line Voltage live or non-live (standby)
- Creates safety barrier from live HT network to LV switchboard
- Limits measuring output signal to safe levels
- No restrictions on distance between adapter and LV switchboard
Voltage Adapter CH163-3.6 is used for Insulation Guard KPM163x, KRM16x and KCM16x or Insulation Transducer MCM163x, when the monitored line voltage is higher than 500VAC.
The adapter is a passive low-pass filter for use in 50, 60 or 400Hz networks, and is potted in polyurethane.
The unit includes high inductance reactance modules, connected in a special configuration to avoid DC saturation. The Adapter maintains a high AC suppression of its signal output to very low, safe levels, under all conditions.
Alternative connections to the AC network are shown below. Connection to the star-point (Neutral) is preferable.
Voltage range: Up to 3600VAC
157 x 86 x 141mm